Release Date: December 15, 2020
NOTE: This firmware version is not compatible with the current release of kOS available for the SS+
Release notes for Second Shooter Plus firmware 0.4.9.12
- Modified the CANBUS interface to throttle the baud-rate automatically based on the line transmission distance.
- Modified the communication protocol to allow 500Kbps commands to refresh the axes’ list and data.
- Modified the ‘Motor Options’ UI to allow CANBUS baud-rate changes. These settings are persistent.
- Fixed endianness when sending calibrated data to the GUI (endPos)
- Fixed motor motion control issue when receiving a stopPlayback command before the trajectory finishes.
- Several changes to the protocol to provide correct motor positions in the requested notifications’ payload changes.
- Added markBegin to the MotorCalibrated notification payload
- Added markBegin to the motorInfo payload
- Motor positions do not include range data anymore.
UPDATING FIRMWARE ON SECOND SHOOTER PLUS
- Download and extract the attached zip file. There are 2 files within the zip folder. The one you need is SecondShooter+.img
- Double check that Wifi is disabled on the Second Shooter Plus Controller.
- Plug in the power cord for the Second Shooter Plus controller.
- Plug the USB cord from Computer into the micro-USB port on the controller.
- Once system powers up, navigate to "Settings"
- In "Settings", find and select “Firmware Update”, the controller will display “Firmware Update Ready…”
- The controller will show up as a USB device on your computer titled SSPLUS
- Go to the location where you extracted 2ndShooter.img
- Click and Drag SecondShooter+.img to the USB device titled SSPLUS and release.
- The system is now updating. The Controller’s screen will detail the update process and ask you to reboot the controller.
- Select "Reboot". The controller will reboot itself.
- As the system restarts, confirm the splash screen shows the new firmware number across the bottom.