Kessler Crane Second Shooter Pro (SSPro) now supports Dragonframe connections via USB. Dragonframe is the industry standard stop motion animation software. With this new functionality, Dragonframe users can add SSPro connected motors to their motion control workspace. These notes describe how to connect and set up SSPro with Dragonframe.
- Dragonframe 5 running on a computer with an available USB port.
- SSPro 18.104.22.168 or later.
- USB Micro-B cable to connect SS+ to the computer running Dragonframe 5.
Steps to connect SSPro to Dragonframe:
- Verify SSPro is running the supported firmware.
- Connect SSPro to the computer running Dragonframe via USB.
- On the SSPro screen menu, navigate to the More… menu option and select Dragonframe. SSPro will reboot into Dragonframe Mode.
- Start up Dragonframe and create a new scene.
- Navigate to Scene->Connections and click on the Add Connection button.
- Select Kessler Moco in the Device dropdown list and USB Serial Device in the Location dropdown list. The connection name should default to ArcMoco #1.
- Click on the Connect button. This button will turn green, signaling a successful connection between SSPro and Dragonframe.
- Press the OK button to close the connection window.
- To disconnect SSPro from Dragonframe, press the Menu button. SSPro will reboot into its normal operating mode.
Steps to set up SSPro with Dragonframe:
- Navigate to the motion control workspace in Dragonframe.
- Select the Add Axis button to launch the Configure Axis window.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for the motor axis.
- In the Axis Setup region:
- Set the Connect field to ArcMoco #1.
- Set the Channel field to 1, for the first added axis.
- In the Motor region:
- Set the Steps Per Unit field to 200/rot.
- Set the Jog Max Speed field to 32000.
- Motor options to consider:
- Change Acceleration to increase or decrease motor responsiveness.
- Change Frame-to-Frame Speed to control how fast motors move between keyframes.
- Check Swap Jog Direction to change the direction of a motor.
- Click the OK button on the Configure Axis window to accept the changes.
- SSPro motors are now ready to be used in the Dragonframe motion control workspace.