Release Date: January 27, 2022
NOTE: Apple computers with an M1 chip may see a warning on screen when the controller is connected to the computer. You can click ignore on this message.
NOTE: CineShooter needs to be powered via AC when performing a firmware update, powering the system via a battery while performing the update can result in a corrupted firmware install.
Release notes for CineShooter firmware 18.104.22.168
Many improvements to motor handling in every aspect of motor control
Improved firmware updating process.
Inertia Wheels support is now active, found under the 'More...' menu. Learn more about Inertia Wheels here: nodo.film/inertia-wheels
The Wifi Settings menu has been changed to the Connection menu. Here you can discover if the connection type is USB or Wifi. If Wifi, then you can display Wifi settings, such as Wifi mode type (AP or Client), IP Address, SSID, and password. There is also a Reset option to set Client Mode back to AP Mode.
Support for triggering SMS time lapses with an external intervalometer added.
Lash compensation is now available for all axes
Control Options (swap) is now available for all axes
Axis Enable/Disable is now available for all axes.
Turntable now able to run continuously
Holding down Shift & Enter on power-up will reformat and restore default settings.
UPDATING FIRMWARE ON CINESHOOTER
- Download and extract the attached zip file.
- Plug in the power cord for the CineShooter.
- Plug the USB cord from the computer into the USB C port on the Cineshooter.
- Navigate to "Settings"
- In "Settings", find and select “Firmware Update”, the controller will display “Firmware Update Ready…”
- The CineShooter will show up as a USB device on your computer titled CINESHOOTER
- Go to the location where you extracted CineShooter.img
- Click and Drag CineShooter.img to the USB device titled CINESHOOTER and release.
- The system is now updating. The CineShooter's screen will detail the update process and ask you to reboot.
- Select "Reboot". The CineShooter will reboot itself.
- As the system restarts, confirm the splash screen shows the new firmware number across the bottom.